[Libreoffice-qa] Should we use the "QA Contact" field?

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:23:32 PST 2013

Hm I have mixed feelings about these requirements. I think that what it
says is "this person prioritized the bug and did initial testing".
Personally if you say that any person who adds their name to there has
become indefinitely responsible for a vast number of tasks including but
not limited to bt and bibisecting, it will scare away valuable QA people.

I think that the first QA person who changes the status should add their
name. If additional things are requested that QA person will either:

1) Do the additional testing themselves

2) Find someone else to do it

One good thing about this method is if we see QA members names there we can
assume (mostly logically) that prioritizing was done and thus in the long
run we can abandon all the lists we have and just go by the prioritization
of the bug which would be amazing.

Thoughts?

Joel

--