[Libreoffice-qa] Fwd: Re: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice 4.0 Test Marathon

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Thu Jan 10 02:35:20 PST 2013

Hi Lucian,

I was trying to review and merge testcases in Moztrap these days.

You may find out what I have done via sort by "Modified" date:

    http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/manage/cases/

Though the progress is still ongoing, major revising of your cases is
I sometimes merged many of the rows of your document into a single
test case. For example, all of the Welcome screen menu items check is
merged to a single case:

    http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/manage/case/130/

The reason is we would be better off breaking down test cases in a
*proper* level. Instead of having many test cases covering similar
things in the same area, a relatively compact case including those
test items as detached steps/verify points could be more easy to
navigate, maintain and run.

I'd also love to do the similar thing for other components as well.

Please let me know if you have other thoughts about it. And of course
I'd highly expect you can join the maintain of Moztrap since you have
written great cases :) Thanks!

Best wishes,
Yifan

--