[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Status NEW but Assigned to Someone - Please Change

bfo bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Tue Jan 15 14:46:11 PST 2013

jmadero wrote
> Rainer, I'll start the conversation on QA list shortly, it might move to
> the next call but I think there is room for improvement here.

Hi!
In LibreOffice product we have:
- more than 4000 bugs in NEW state -
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/reports.cgi?product=LibreOffice&datasets=NEW
- only little more than 200 are ASSIGNED -
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/reports.cgi?product=LibreOffice&datasets=ASSIGNED

Of those NEW bugs 3733 are assigned to
libreoffice-bugs at lists.freedesktop.org (Of course there is more than 800
enhancement requests, but this doesn't improve the whole picture very much.)
-
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/report.cgi?bug_status=NEW&cumulate=0&product=LibreOffice&x_axis_field=bug_severity&y_axis_field=assigned_to&width=600&height=350&action=wrap&format=table

I read this data as NEW backlog - nobody is interested in those reports.
IMHO QA hard work to transform a bug into NEW state is pretty much wasted,
as I consider NEW stated bugs as ready to start fixing...
We are in need of NEW triaging marathon. ASSIGN, RESOLVE or WONTFIX to clear
the room for new NEW bugs...
Best regards.