[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Status NEW but Assigned to Someone - Please Change

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:59:46 PST 2013

bfo wrote
> I read this data as NEW backlog - nobody is interested in those reports.
> IMHO QA hard work to transform a bug into NEW state is pretty much wasted,
> as I consider NEW stated bugs as ready to start fixing...
> We are in need of NEW triaging marathon. ASSIGN, RESOLVE or WONTFIX to
> clear the room for new NEW bugs...

There is no point in triaging again. The QA work is done. Now only Devs can
fix or don't fix confirmed bugs.
Assigning to someone is not a good idea. It seems like that person is going
to act on the problem when in fact he/she didn't select the issue.

You can not force people (especially volunteers) to fix anything they don't
feel like.
That is the nature of this project. It is frustrating but this is how it
works.
Unless you know how to code and fix the problem yourself, this is as far as
you can go.

You should congratulate yourself on a job well done and hope that someone
picks it forward...

Sorry for the reality check ;)