[Libreoffice-qa] Bugs with assignee but status NEW

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Sat Jan 26 08:04:09 PST 2013

Kohei Yoshida schrieb:

> No, those bugs were assigned to me originally by someone else, as part
> of the very old workflow.  I had no plan to work on them in the first
> place.

Hi Kohei,

yes, you are completely right, those assignations were a legacy, and
it's a useful clearing up for those bugs to change the status if you do
not plan to work on them in near future.

> Actually, I could go a step further and change the assignee of these
> bugs with status NEW to the default assignee to further remove
> ambiguity,

It was the the core of my question whether you wanted to have those Bug
in some kind of abeyance between NEW and ASSIGNED. I think currently we
do it so that bugs with Status ASSIGNED always have an assignee
different from <libreoffice-bugs at lists.freedesktop.org>, and un-ASSIGNED
have the default assignee. So - if we do not see concerns here - I would
appreciate to follow your suggestion to  change to the  default
assignees of the not fixed Bugs in the query. That might encourage
volunteers to engage.

Without new arguments here I will add some more precise hints in the
Wiki on monday.

Thanks and best regards

Rainer