[Libreoffice-qa] Bugs with assignee but status NEW

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 10:13:46 PST 2013

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Rainer Bielefeld <
LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de> wrote:

> Actually, I could go a step further and change the assignee of these
>> bugs with status NEW to the default assignee to further remove
>> ambiguity,
>>

> It was the the core of my question whether you wanted to have those Bug in
> some kind of abeyance between NEW and ASSIGNED. I think currently we do it
> so that bugs with Status ASSIGNED always have an assignee different from <
> libreoffice-bugs at lists.freedesktop.org>, and un-ASSIGNED have the default
> assignee. So - if we do not see concerns here - I would appreciate to
> follow your suggestion to  change to the  default assignees of the not
> fixed Bugs in the query. That might encourage volunteers to engage.

Ok. I just reset the assignee of those bugs (those that are assigned to me
with status NEW) to the default assignee.  Now they are totally in line
with the current workflow (I hope).

Also, FYI, I do track my bugs of interest using different methods other
than the assignee field, so this change won't affect me at all.

Best,

Kohei