[Libreoffice-qa] Stagnant NEEDINFO bugs

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue Jan 29 03:23:16 PST 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-29 at 07:51 +0100, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Petr Mladek schrieb:
>
> > IMHO, the most important is to give
> > user chance to answer before the first warning (30 days or so).
>
> Hi Petr,
>
> I don't think so. My experience is that the reporter normally will
> answer within 3 days (mostly: latest next day) or never. We should not
> base our decisions on 1 user in the world with a Sabbatical somewhere in
> the Australian outback hindered to answer ;-)
> All these theses that we should give a reporter weeks of time never have
> been underpinned by data, and object to my experience.

Some people suggested 6 months. You suggests one week. I do not persist
on 30 days but I think that it is a good compromise.

For example, imagine someone who reports a bug before leaving on
vacation, business trip, or into hospital. In addition, I think that it
would be rude to push users to provide feedback within 7 days when the
triage and fixing the bugs might take weeks and months :-)

Best Regards,
Petr