[Libreoffice-qa] Stagnant NEEDINFO bugs

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Mon Jan 28 22:51:44 PST 2013

Petr Mladek schrieb:

> IMHO, the most important is to give
> user chance to answer before the first warning (30 days or so).

Hi Petr,

I don't think so. My experience is that the reporter normally will
answer within 3 days (mostly: latest next day) or never. We should not
base our decisions on 1 user in the world with a Sabbatical somewhere in
the Australian outback hindered to answer ;-)
All these theses that we should give a reporter weeks of time never have
been underpinned by data, and object to my experience.

Of course, I think it might be appropriate to add a line to the text "If
you need some time to get familiar with the problem again, please leave
a short note in a Comment ...".

Best regards

Rainer