[Libreoffice-qa] URGENT Cherry pick regressions to next release

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Jul 8 17:57:48 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 05:18:05PM -0700, Pedro wrote:
> > * Is the fix safe enough for a stable branch?
> > * How much did the code change between the two versions?
> Point 3: that is why it needs to be checked by 3 devs
> Point 4: that should not be relevant. If the regression is already fixed in
> master, then it should not be that difficult to backport it to the current
> branch (unless it's a major version change)

You are misunderstanding Markus. Both his concerns on this are valid. Or being
the devils advocate: If these changes were always trivial, you are invited to
do the backporting for the dev in question and take responsibility for the risks
involved. ;)

> I agree completely. I never mentioned automatic. But it should be included
> in the list of checks before a new release to make sure that ALL MAB
> regressions that *were* fixed should be cherry picked to the nearest
> release.

There is no such list, but if you want to do such checks timely on rc1 and
politely point out fixes that might need to be considered for backporting for
rc2 that would be welcome, I guess. Note that the _timely_ is the operative
word here as we are on a train model for our releases and will not hazard that
for input that is too late. As the additional changes need close review which
takes time, such a list would best need to be ready on the day of the rc1
release.

> I believe that is the reason there are 2 Release Candidates before
> the final release...

Then you are mistaken -- at least in general terms.

Best,

Bjoern