[Libreoffice-qa] URGENT Cherry pick regressions to next release

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 17:18:05 PDT 2013

Hi Markus

Markus Mohrhard wrote
> * Does the fix contain a new feature?
> * How important is the bug fix?
> * Is the fix safe enough for a stable branch?
> * How much did the code change between the two versions?

Points 1 and 2: if it's a regression it's not new and it's EXTREMELY
important not to have regressions (regardless of importance of the feature)
Point 3: that is why it needs to be checked by 3 devs
Point 4: that should not be relevant. If the regression is already fixed in
master, then it should not be that difficult to backport it to the current
branch (unless it's a major version change)

Markus Mohrhard wrote
> This should never be an automatic process, instead each commit needs this
> check by
> a developer.

I agree completely. I never mentioned automatic. But it should be included
in the list of checks before a new release to make sure that ALL MAB
regressions that *were* fixed should be cherry picked to the nearest
release. I believe that is the reason there are 2 Release Candidates before
the final release...

Regards,
Pedro