[Libreoffice-qa] Send Feedback...and BSA ideas

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 16 11:06:04 PDT 2013

Hi Björn, *,

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:18:07PM -0400, Robinson Tryon wrote:
>> So it sounds like some kind of differentiation page (ala Mozilla)
>> could be our biggest win here.
>>
>> I'll try to mock-up an example of how this would look, and perhaps we
>> can test it out at https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/feedback/ for
>> a bit and see if there's a reduction in bug reports that aren't really
>> bugs.
>
> Getting too far with mock-ups is always dangerous, as you risk creating
> something what the dev waves away as "that too complex, I wont start on that"
> -- so going ahead, Id suggest contacting someone willing and able to implement
> this early on -- in this case maybe Cloph -- to see where the real troubles in
> implementation are.

Well, if there /is/ a mockup, then implementation is not the biggest problem.

If the mockup consists of html and css, then even better, then the
effort to add it to the site is minimal.

The tough part is deciding on what to actually put onto the page. Some
initial "made me happy/sad" feedback-mockups expended to a twitter
entry field - so not something I personally would consider appropriate
for the page, when the goal is to prevent questions being filed to
bugzilla.

I'm happy to help out with changing a mockup into html, given any
graphical elements (button images) are provided. But the
design/content must be done by someone else :-)

ciao
Christian