[Libreoffice-qa] Send Feedback...and BSA ideas

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Jul 17 05:05:54 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 12:42:03AM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> The important part on the mozilla feedback page is not the layout (dont get me
> wrong: showing a smiley to someone angry at us is a Good Thing for mitigating
> the pain), but the relevant part is IMHO what to do with the feedback, not some
> small bandaid for someone who got hurt.

Having walked trough the feedback page, after saying you are happy with
Firefox, you get to:

 https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/thanks/#happy

pimping new builds, a "Contribute" page, their Feedback Dashboard, and their
twitter/facebook/Mozilla(*).

That dashboard is of course the thing that is really doing the work:

 https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/

but there we are getting closer to what the real purpose of this thing is. You
can e.g. enter "bookmark" and see:

- how much feedback you get on that topic (as in relevance)
- how much good and bad feedback you get
- the locales and OS of those
- you even might see if how relevant e.g. some heisenbug is

all in all, it seems nifty(**), but might be a bit more work to set up (unless
Mozilla is maybe sharing their code with us?).

Best,

Bjoern

(*) and https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/thanks/#sad looks the same.
(**) apart from being yet another feedback channel in addition to bugzilla in
     addition to askbot, thus another area to do deduplication across
     nonintegrated tools.