[Libreoffice-qa] MAB. 3.6 to 4.0 migration. When?

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 13:14:43 PDT 2013

On 07/27/2013 12:00 PM, libreoffice-qa-request at lists.freedesktop.org wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 13:47:29 +0200, Petr Mladek <pmladek at suse.cz> wrote:
>
>> (I am sorry for duplicit posting. There was a problem in the mailing
>> list setting and my mail had been eaten.)
>>

>> Tommy píše v St 24. 07. 2013 v 20:39 +0200:
>>> 3.6.7 is out and will be the last 3.6 release.
>>> I'm just curious to know when still living 3.6 bugs will be moved to
>>> the
>>> 4.0 list.
>>
>> IMHO, we could start at any time now. But please, double check it with
>> Joel.
>
> yes, I'll wait his advice since he's the coordinator of the QA team.
> I don't wanna make anything if he's not agree

Here is my suggestion -

Let's start with the really easy ones that are clearly MAB and are still
present in 4.1 (please check against 4.1, not 4.0). So bugs that are
obviously horrendous and should be solved as soon as possible:

1. Go through list of bugs on MAB and locate these obvious MAB
2. Test the bug against 4.1 release -
3. If the bug is fixed by 4.1 and you cannot reproduce - mark as WFM -
make sure to tell user in a comment your system and LibreOffice version
and tell them that if they still experience the problem in 4.1 to please
set bug back to UNCONFIRMED (since we'll need to confirm it again) and
give us his/her system info

4. If the bug is still present in 4.1 -
a. Move the bug to 4.0 MAB (not 4.1 MAB)
b. Leave a default comment that explains that we are closing 3.6 MAB due
to 3.6 EOL - say something about how we're sorry the bug wasn't tackled
in time for EOL for 3.6 but that we are keeping it on the 4.0 MAB list
because we agree that it is troublesome. You know the drill - make sure
users know we appreciate their input and that all of our devs are
working real hard to fix as many bugs as possible
c. Try to find an expert to deal with the bug - look here
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/FindTheExpert for suggestions - CC
them on the bug and see if they can tackle it or if they know someone
who would be interested in it

Let's begin with that - for more questionable MAB leave them on the list
right now - if there is really one you feel doesn't belong email the QA
mailing list - please CC me on it -- and get some feedback - likely
we'll be removing a few from the list but we need to be careful about
our wording to the bug reporter and any people cc'ed on the bug since it
did sit on the MAB list throughout 3.6 and perhaps even before that.

Let me know if there are questions - I'll be working on this a bit this
week but our UNCONFIRMED bug count is climbing a bit so I want to focus
most of my time there.

Thanks Tommy for helping out here :)

Best,
Joel

Note: As far as I know only bugs in NEW status or perhaps REOPENED
status should be on MAB list - UNCONFIRMED/NEEDINFO should not be (if I
recall correctly, definitely not UNCONFIRMED). Furthermore - if history
shows that the bug reporter put his/her own bug on the list - it is
likely we should remove it as this violates policy unless the reporter
is a developer or a member of the QA team.