[Libreoffice-qa] MAB. 3.6 to 4.0 migration. When?

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 13:14:43 PDT 2013

On 07/27/2013 12:00 PM, libreoffice-qa-request at lists.freedesktop.org wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 13:47:29 +0200, Petr Mladek <pmladek at suse.cz> wrote:
>> (I am sorry for duplicit posting. There was a problem in the mailing
>> list setting and my mail had been eaten.)
>> Tommy píše v St 24. 07. 2013 v 20:39 +0200:
>>> 3.6.7 is out and will be the last 3.6 release.
>>> I'm just curious to know when still living 3.6 bugs will be moved to 
>>> the
>>> 4.0 list.
>> IMHO, we could start at any time now. But please, double check it with
>> Joel.
> yes, I'll wait his advice since he's the coordinator of the QA team.
> I don't wanna make anything if he's not agree

Here is my suggestion -

Let's start with the really easy ones that are clearly MAB and are still 
present in 4.1 (please check against 4.1, not 4.0). So bugs that are 
obviously horrendous and should be solved as soon as possible:

1. Go through list of bugs on MAB and locate these obvious MAB
2. Test the bug against 4.1 release -
3. If the bug is fixed by 4.1 and you cannot reproduce - mark as WFM - 
make sure to tell user in a comment your system and LibreOffice version 
and tell them that if they still experience the problem in 4.1 to please 
set bug back to UNCONFIRMED (since we'll need to confirm it again) and 
give us his/her system info

4. If the bug is still present in 4.1 -
a. Move the bug to 4.0 MAB (not 4.1 MAB)
b. Leave a default comment that explains that we are closing 3.6 MAB due 
to 3.6 EOL - say something about how we're sorry the bug wasn't tackled 
in time for EOL for 3.6 but that we are keeping it on the 4.0 MAB list 
because we agree that it is troublesome. You know the drill - make sure 
users know we appreciate their input and that all of our devs are 
working real hard to fix as many bugs as possible
c. Try to find an expert to deal with the bug - look here 
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/FindTheExpert for suggestions - CC 
them on the bug and see if they can tackle it or if they know someone 
who would be interested in it

Let's begin with that - for more questionable MAB leave them on the list 
right now - if there is really one you feel doesn't belong email the QA 
mailing list - please CC me on it -- and get some feedback - likely 
we'll be removing a few from the list but we need to be careful about 
our wording to the bug reporter and any people cc'ed on the bug since it 
did sit on the MAB list throughout 3.6 and perhaps even before that.

Let me know if there are questions - I'll be working on this a bit this 
week but our UNCONFIRMED bug count is climbing a bit so I want to focus 
most of my time there.

Thanks Tommy for helping out here :)


Note: As far as I know only bugs in NEW status or perhaps REOPENED 
status should be on MAB list - UNCONFIRMED/NEEDINFO should not be (if I 
recall correctly, definitely not UNCONFIRMED). Furthermore - if history 
shows that the bug reporter put his/her own bug on the list - it is 
likely we should remove it as this violates policy unless the reporter 
is a developer or a member of the QA team.

More information about the Libreoffice-qa mailing list