[Libreoffice-qa] DDE on Windows

Noel Grandin noel at peralex.com
Mon Jul 29 06:51:33 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-29 15:31, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

> However, I do not know how to trigger that (Windows-specific anyway)
> code, but I would like to be able to verify that the new code works as
> intended (whether or not the old code did) before backporting this to
> libreoffice-4-0 and -4-1.

Normally, those messages would be used by the Windows context menu stuff
to run commands for individual files e.g. PRINT and OPEN.

But it looks like our file associations are configured to simply exec()
a new copy of LibreOffice.

Way back in the day DDE was also used as a primitive form of
Inter-Process Communication, but that has long since been superceded by
COM/OLE.

So I'm guessing that this code is pretty dead.