[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Proposed White Board Status - "UX"

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 06:37:32 PDT 2013

On 06/03/2013 05:20 AM, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Hi Joel, *,
>
> Joel Madero wrote (02-06-13 04:58)
>
>> I'd like to propose a new whiteboard status that the UX team can monitor
>> - this being "UX"
>>
>> Unless there are protests I will add this to the wiki next week and
>> start using it. What it will mean:
>>

> Sounds as a good Tag for UX issues.
> Are there experiences from other teams with such tags?
> E.g. do they find them easy to remember, how/when do they make use of
> the tags...
>
> Thanks,
> Cor

Honestly I can't think of the need for a team outside of UX to have one.
For WWW bugs we have the component WWW and indeed, they are useful - I
guess this is another option adding a component UX and just ignoring
them from the QA side - this is essentially what we do for WWW bugs.

We do have the Need_Advice bugs which is a similar trigger for
developers and it's working out really well.

I'm fine with component or whiteboard status - there are quite a few UX
related enhancement requests and having to ping particular people or ask
the UX mailing list every time IMO interrupts workflow quite a bit.

Warm Regards,
Joel