[Libreoffice-qa] Explanations on the NL BSA purpose

Sophie Gautier gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 02:16:50 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Checking for the minutes of your meeting I've seen that you miss specs
on the NL BSA. I'm sorry for that, I thought that has already been
discussed through your team.
So I'll try first to explain my idea clearly on the workflow we have
thought about:
- a user fills information on the BSA in French
- no issue is created
- the content of the submission is sent to the QA FR list
--> at this stage only the FR team is concerned
- the QA FR team checks for the content and tests it
- if this is a bug the FR QA team will check on Bugzilla if the bug
already exists and if yes will comment it, else will create the bug
--> here the normal process of dealing with Bugzilla applies.

The aim of this process is to help your team to deal with the
unconfirmed bugs and help the users report bugs by filling them in their
native language.

The FR project has an active QA Team, able to test and specify bugs but
not all of them are able to report in English. The actual test will help
us to narrow the needs for both teams and if it's proven to work, let
other well formed NL QA teams participate.

In *no way* a bug should be open in French or encouraged to be open in
French on Bugzilla. It's absolutely not the purpose of the process,
almost on the contrary it should prevent to have bugs in French reported
to Bugzilla. I've added a note about the language of Bugzilla on the
Triage for beginners page which is linked on the last BSA page.

I hope that this explanations will clear the process for you. Again, I'm
sorry that was not done before Rob began to work on the BSA translation.

I would like that we test this process, narrow it and add what will be
missing (like the stats you make on BSA reports), and then see if it's a
real help for you.

If you have any questions, or if you disagree with this process don't
hesitate to tell me.
Kind regards
Sophie