[Libreoffice-qa] Manual testing: Litmus or Moztrap?

Nino Novak nn.libo at kflog.org
Wed Mar 20 08:14:47 PDT 2013

Hi Sophie,

thanks for the quick answer :-)

further remarks/explanations:

Am 20.03.2013 14:46, schrieb Sophie Gautier:
> On 20/03/2013 14:09, Nino Novak wrote:

>> Q1: Is it correct that Moztrap is ready and should be used for manual
>> testing? Is Litmus definitively obsolete? (there are several links from
>> the wiki to Litmus)
>
> Yes, the link to Moztrap on the wiki

(ok, that was my most important question.)

>> Q2: I did not find a localized UI in Moztrap - is there a possibility to
>> localize it?
>
> We have a 2700 € budget from TDF for that, but not the Django dev yet,
> and I didn't have the time to progress on this, so any help is welcome
> :) Currently the handling of localization is not possible for UI and for
> the tests themselves is quite a mess if there is several languages
> (however we can begin with 2 or 3 languages to be able to improve and
> check the process even when the localization with be available).
> Moztrap is on my next step after the BSA :)

ok, fine.

>> Q3: Is it planned to support localized bug tags?
>
> What do you mean by bug tags?

sorry, I meant "test case tags", those little buttons which you can
press for filtering test cases. ATM, the tags contain only the very
basic categories (LibO components and p1-p4 test priorities), so they
don't need localisation. But if we plan to have some more elaborated
tags, it might be helpful to have them localized.

Even more (*dream*) I'd really love to have a possibility to tag test
cases with personal tags in order to create test case collections for my
own specific purposes.

>> Q4: What is tested automatically - and what needs to be tested manually?
>> Is there a list of all automatic tests? or at least a rough concept or
>> somesuch?
>
> The tests should be in git repo, the page on the wiki for Automated
> Tests is here https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Automated_Tests

As I'm not a developer, I'm not familiar with git. Maybe someone
knowledgable can extract the "what is tested by this test" info?

Thanks,
Nino