[Libreoffice-qa] Manual testing: Litmus or Moztrap?

Sophie Gautier gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 06:46:43 PDT 2013

Hi Nino,
On 20/03/2013 14:09, Nino Novak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> recently we had a short discussion about manual testing in the
> Germanophone list with some questions left.
>
> Q1: Is it correct that Moztrap is ready and should be used for manual
> testing? Is Litmus definitively obsolete? (there are several links from
> the wiki to Litmus)

Yes, the link to Moztrap on the wiki
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Moztrap.

> Q2: I did not find a localized UI in Moztrap - is there a possibility to
> localize it?

We have a 2700 € budget from TDF for that, but not the Django dev yet,
and I didn't have the time to progress on this, so any help is welcome
:) Currently the handling of localization is not possible for UI and for
the tests themselves is quite a mess if there is several languages
(however we can begin with 2 or 3 languages to be able to improve and
check the process even when the localization with be available).
Moztrap is on my next step after the BSA :)

> Q3: Is it planned to support localized bug tags?

What do you mean by bug tags?

> Q4: What is tested automatically - and what needs to be tested manually?
> Is there a list of all automatic tests? or at least a rough concept or
> somesuch?

The tests should be in git repo, the page on the wiki for Automated
Tests is here https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Automated_Tests

Kind regards
Sophie
--