[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.2 RC1 available

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Mar 22 04:17:35 PDT 2013

Yifan Jiang píše v Pá 22. 03. 2013 v 14:56 +0800:
> Hi Pedro,
>
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 05:28:07AM -0700, Pedro wrote:
> > Hi Yifan
> >
> > Some comments/questions
> >

> > Yifan Jiang wrote
> > >     3. Select your envionment: "Archs", "Locale", "Platforms"
> >
> > What if my Locale doesn't exist? If I run LO with the English US UI but all
> > my other settings are set to my Locale does that count as EN_US?
>
> It's a very good question, We should define the item clearly.

> So it may make sense to keep the concept as simple as "operating
> system locale".

I would use the locale that is used in "Tools/Options/Language
Settings/Languages/Locale Setting". I think that it affects more things
than UI Language or the other settings.

In each case, I would leave the Moztrap (manual-test.libreoffice.org)
configuration simple, so it is easy to start testing. IMHO, most of the
tests are language independent. You should get the same results in any
locale.

Of course, if you find a bug, you should mention all the details if they
look related. For example, shrinked text in dialog, wrong computation,
problems with spell check, are bugs where the information about the used
language might be important.

> Alternatively these language specific testing would be reflected in
> *testcases* description and steps:
>
>     * Ideally these language specific *testcases* should be tested in
>       relevant environments.
>
>     * Conversely those non-language specific *testcases* should be
>       tested in only one environment.

Are these two types of test cases already somehow marked in Moztrap?
Unfortunately, manual-test.libreoffice.org is not accessible right now.

>     which I think are Moztrap's future roles to take care about how to
>     map different cases to different locales.
>
> Finally as far as I can concern, everything manually set, inluding
> language settings, which is relevant to the results should go to
> "comments" field when marking the test results.

It might be too long list :-) I think that it makes sense to mention
extra information only there are problems or if you are not sure about
the test results and some information looks important.

> > Why is the Install test (which is first action you take) numbered
> > 16?
>
> hehe, I'll have to hide it if really confusing.

Well, the information might help to discuss particular test case. It is
similar to bugzilla. We speak about bug XXXXX. We could speak also about
test case XX.

BTW: Is is possible to find a test case by this number?

> > Is it considered low priority (Priority 2) that the user has a successful
> > Install???
>
> I am not sure I got the question. But the priority does matter. The
> high priority (P1) cases are supposed to run before low priority (P2)
> ones in any case, beacause test cases having high priority usually are
> designed to test fundamental and most important functionality, wrt:

I think that Pedro wanted to say that installation test should be P1.
You could not do any other tests without installation :-)

In each case, thanks a lot for working on Moztrap. It will help us to be
more confident about the state before each release. I think that there
is still a long way but it is great that we are moving :-)

Best Regards,
Petr