[Libreoffice-qa] about moztrap attachment missing :(

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Mon Mar 25 11:38:39 PDT 2013

Hello Yifan, *,
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 01:50:35PM +0800, Yifan Jiang wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 05:10:51AM +0100, Thomas Hackert wrote:
> > Is there a possibility to set my rights in Moztrap so, that I can
> > translate the Germanophone Test Cases? I was the guy, who started the
> > discussion on the Germanophone discuss ML about manual testing (Moztrap
> > vs. Litmus) to contribute (again) more to the QA of LO ... Though due to
> > my job I am only able to contribute on weekends a little bit ... :( But
> > I would like to translate some of the test cases to relieve N00bs
> > without (or too less) English knowledge their contribution to QA
> > ... ;)
>
> Of course, I saw your previous discussion as well.

which one? The one on the Germanophone discuss ML?

> Thanks and your
> account has been upgraded to test manager, who's able to edit and
> create new cases.

Great, thank you very much :) I hope I will have to to read not only the
Moztrap User Guide this weekend, but also the Admin Guide ... ;)

> Please be aware to let the mailing list know if you want to revise

Which ML? This one?

> more than test cases (test suite, version etc.). Ideally we do not
> frequently adjust other settings except for runs and test cases.

O.K.

> Please take a bit time to look through this wiki page, which could be
> helpful for a quick start:
>
>     https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Test_Case#Add_a_new_test_case

Oh, I just want to translate existing ones to German ... ;) Maybe
correct some existing ones (when I find a missing attachment, spelling
mistakes or so ... ;)

> For thorough understanding of Moztrap management, please consult:
>
>     https://moztrap.readthedocs.org/en/1.3/userguide/index.html

What about
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Moztrap/Moztrap_Admin_Guide? Your
linked site seems a little bit too developish to me (when it starts with
"REST API") ... :(

> To summarize what is *very* *important* to add a test cases in LO Moztrap:
>
>     1. The test case is categorized into proper test suite (Priority 1/2/3/4)

Assuming, that I will find the time, get some programming skills or the
like to dive deeper in the LO dev ... Where would I find this infos? I
am not a programmer, just a LUser ... ;)

>     2. The test cases are needed to tag with priority and
>     component. i.e for each test case, we need at least *2* tags like
>     "writer, p1", "calc, p2". Visist the tags management view to see
>     how many tags are available.
>
>     http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/manage/tags/
>
>     Though Your permission is allow to add extra tags, the "component"
>     and "priority" tags are very important for our test cases filter
>     from practice.

O.K.

>     3. A new test case has to add to a "Version 0" and checked as

What does "Version 0" mean? Is this the same as "4.0" from LO?

>     later versions, so that all the versions of the test case would
>     have the new test case included.
>
> Any questions please do not hesitate to ask :)

As only a simple user, who just want to translate the test cases, I find
this information too much ... :( Do I really know all this stuff?

> > And I miss a function to skip tests in Moztrap ... :( Is it possible to
> > implement it?
>
> Sorry I did not notice features like that. How does that work as?
> Would you specify a little bit more.

When I logged in to run the test, the first one was the test to install
the Korean Langpack and do some tests with it. As I am not a Korean nor
able to read or write it, I would like to see a button "Skip Test" as
there are only buttons for "Pass Test" and "Fail Step". I am there to
test the Germanophone version of LO, not the Korean nor Japanese nor ...
;) And maybe there are test cases not fitting my OS, architecture or the
like. And then I would like to be able to skip a test instead of click
on "Fail Step" ... ;)
Something as it was in the old OOo TCM ... ;)
Thank you for your information and have a nice evening
Thomas.

--
Survivulousness:
	The tendency to visualize oneself enjoying being the last