[Libreoffice-qa] What should we do with bugs filed against Extensions/Templates?

Brenda Granados bgran05 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 06:49:21 PDT 2013

Robinson Tryon wrote
> Here are the different approaches:
>
> B) We clearly and explicitly inform users about which
> Extensions/Templates have official support and which ones have
> unofficial support from the developers themselves.
>
> Instead of (or perhaps in addition to) requiring developers to assume
> a maintainer role for the extensions they author, the add-ons sites
> would include much more details and use clear symbols like badges to
> let users know if an extension has Official Support, or Unofficial/No
> support. We make this information VERY prominent on the page, so that
> they're fully aware of what kind of support to expect BEFORE they even
> install an extension.

I think this option is better. I don't like the idea of a developer of an
extension being required to provide their contact information. I am sure
many developers voluntarily provide it for support, but I think it would not
be a good idea to make it a requirement.

I think the badges for which extensions are supported on the extension site
is a great idea.