[Libreoffice-qa] What should we do with bugs filed against Extensions/Templates?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 15:05:08 PDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Brenda Granados <bgran05 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robinson Tryon wrote
>> Here are the different approaches:
>>
>> B) We clearly and explicitly inform users about which
>> Extensions/Templates have official support and which ones have
>> unofficial support from the developers themselves.
>
> I think this option is better. I don't like the idea of a developer of an
> extension being required to provide their contact information. I am sure
> many developers voluntarily provide it for support, but I think it would not
> be a good idea to make it a requirement.

The issue here is that if we don't require contact information for
developers, then any extension could have zero support. I feel a bit
bad including an extension with zero support on our official LO
extension site, especially if some user starts using it on 3.5 and
then upgrades to 4.0 and it breaks (or something similar). But as long
as we are REALLY clear about the level of support: official/some/none,
then I guess it's okay.

You know, I think that I might need to make some mock-ups to
demonstrate how big of a message I mean when I say "REALLY clear" :-)

> I think the badges for which extensions are supported on the extension site
> is a great idea.

Excellent. How are your artistic skills? If I make the badges, I'm
afraid they'll all have crazy fire-breathing animals on them, although
perhaps some people might view that as a plus  :-)

Best,
--R