[Libreoffice-qa] What should we do with bugs filed against Extensions/Templates?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 10:10:35 PDT 2013

I've cc'd Andreas on this email as well..

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Rainer Bielefeld
<LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de> wrote:
> Robinson Tryon schrieb:
>> In our last QA Meeting we discussed what we should do with bugs filed
>> against Extensions or Templates.
>
> did I miss something? Do we have a problem?

To sum the question up very, very quickly: How do we handle bugs filed
against extensions (esp. non-official ones) without upsetting users
when we mark bugs as NOTOURBUG?

Longer answer: Read through the relevant threads :-)

>> 1. Close as NOTOURBUG + comment to contact extensions author
>
> No, that is not a good Idea. Bugzilla is the required communication platform
> where more testers can be involved to confirm a bug, test results can be
> discussed and and and.

Bugzilla is for bugs that we're willing to address/fix as a project,
or at least entertain the notion of addressing/fixing (see, for
example, Enhancement bugs). Everything else that goes into the
bugtracker is marked as NOTOURBUG. I believe the reason that people
suggested marking some extension bugs as NOTOURBUG was because we're
not prepared as a project to address or fix such bugs.

(Please feel free to disagree with my assessment here, folks!)

> I left some hint what I consider as current state of the art or approved
> proceeding in the Wiki on
> <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA-FAQ#How_to_handle_bugs_for_LibreOffice_Component_Extension>.
> Please feel free to extend that text.

I'll leave some notes there, and make a note about that page section
in the agenda for our next meeting. What do you think about moving
that proposal to the 'Talk' page for BugTriage? The Talk: page can be
a good place to stub-in/stage ideas for a wiki page.

Thanks,
--R