[Libreoffice-qa] [ANNOUNCE] libreoffice-4.1.0.0.alpha1 tag created

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu May 9 06:27:38 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 8:16 AM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Norbert Thiebaud wrote
>> The former is what I expect from a daily-build out of a given buildbot
>> - since there can be multiple source for them for a given platform
>>
>> The later is what I expect out of 'release build' (alpha, beta, RC or
>> GA) - since there is only 1 source for release build.
>
> Agreed on the source. But keeping the Branch and pull Time still makes
> sense.
not for official build. the branch would be redundant (it is, expect
maybe for the first alpha, libreoffice-X.Y(.Z))
and the pull time is irrelevant since all these build are done based
on a tag. so they are all from the same point which can be easily
determined in git.
otoh the _absence_ of that line is a quick way to distinguish between
daily build and 'official' build.

> This is NOT a release build (at least under Windows): it installs to a
> different path, creates a separate Profile folder and creates a separate
> Program group. It follows the rules for a Dev build. Only RC builds have the
> same behavior as the final release.

By release build I mean 'build done by the person in charge of release
build for that platform, with the 'standard' build config)
iow official build... by opposition to builbot daily build that are
done by whom-ever want to maintain a builbot and upload daily build...
the later also has a non-fix configuration, whereas official builds
have a consistent autogen configuration (and yes, on purpose alpha and
beta are not 'release-build' in the installation sens on windows...
but alph, beta, RC build are still 'release build' in the sens I
defined above)

Norbert