[Libreoffice-qa] [ANNOUNCE] libreoffice-4.1.0.0.alpha1 tag created

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri May 10 01:34:22 PDT 2013

Norbert Thiebaud píše v Čt 09. 05. 2013 v 08:27 -0500:
> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 8:16 AM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Norbert Thiebaud wrote
> >> The former is what I expect from a daily-build out of a given buildbot
> >> - since there can be multiple source for them for a given platform
> >>
> >> The later is what I expect out of 'release build' (alpha, beta, RC or
> >> GA) - since there is only 1 source for release build.
> >
> > Agreed on the source. But keeping the Branch and pull Time still makes
> > sense.
> not for official build. the branch would be redundant (it is, expect
> maybe for the first alpha, libreoffice-X.Y(.Z))
> and the pull time is irrelevant since all these build are done based
> on a tag. so they are all from the same point which can be easily
> determined in git.
> otoh the _absence_ of that line is a quick way to distinguish between
> daily build and 'official' build.

The official and the daily builds are distinguished by the "+" in the
version.

The daily builds has the "+". It should symbolize that there are some
extra changes on top of the version. For example, the current master
daily builds have 4.1.0.0.alpha1+ because they have some extra changes
on top of 4.1.0.0.alpha1 builds.

The release builds does not have the "+" because they are well defined
by the related tag.

Sigh, the extra information is sometimes missing in the Windows daily
builds. I think about pushing the information into the registry when
crating the installers. It should be more reliable but it needs some
hacking and I haven't found time for this so far. There are so many
problems everywhere that needs love :-(

Best Regards,
Petr

PS: BTW: There are problems with the alpha1 builds at all. We have the
build for Windows. The build fo Linux should be ready hopefully today.
The builds for MAC are not usable because they crash on start. We are
working on it. Please, be patient. We do the alpha1 build to catch
exactly these type of problems. The beta1 builds should be more smooth.