[Libreoffice-qa] [ANNOUNCE] libreoffice-18.104.22.168.alpha1 tag created
bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri May 10 04:13:35 PDT 2013
On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 5:30 AM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Petr, all
> Petr Mladek wrote
>> The release builds does not have the "+" because they are well defined
>> by the related tag.
> Ok. Sounds like a reasonable option.
> Maybe this should be documented somewhere, at least for QA people? Joel?
There's a bit of a description on the ReleasePlan page regarding our
versioning scheme, however it does not include this particular piece
As versions are pretty intertwined with the Release process, I guess
I'd just expand the Version scheme section on that page, at least
until it gets a bit big for the page, then factor it out :-)
Regarding version #'s, some useful pieces of information might include:
- What builds have a plus sign ("+") in them?
- How do we name builds from the master branch?
- What is the difference between a minor version release and a Major
version release? (e.g. do we allow more API changes/more breakage in
- A link to the Bug Report page regarding how to choose Version Number
for a bug report (just in case a user searches the wiki for
version-number information and ends up here)
- Any other version-related guidelines/nuances
More information about the Libreoffice-qa