[Libreoffice-qa] [ANNOUNCE] libreoffice-4.1.0.0.alpha1 tag created

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Fri May 10 02:30:37 PDT 2013

Hi Petr, all

Petr Mladek wrote
> The release builds does not have the "+" because they are well defined
> by the related tag.

Ok. Sounds like a reasonable option.

Maybe this should be documented somewhere, at least for QA people? Joel?
qubit?

Petr Mladek wrote
> Sigh, the extra information is sometimes missing in the Windows daily
> builds. I think about pushing the information into the registry when
> crating the installers. It should be more reliable but it needs some
> hacking and I haven't found time for this so far. There are so many
> problems everywhere that needs love :-(

So, this is a Windows only problem? The information is correct under other
OSes? That sucks :(

What do you mean push the information to the registry? The Windows registry?
Isn't it much wiser (and safer) to add it to some ini file? Where is it
stored in the other OSes?

Petr Mladek wrote
> Please, be patient. We do the alpha1 build to catch
> exactly these type of problems. The beta1 builds should be more smooth.

I am patient. I know there are more important things to fix than the content
of the About dialog.
It's just that I thought this issue would be in the past as soon as we moved
to 4.1 (because it couldn't be back ported to 4.0) and now it works on and
off :(

This is not a criticism in any way. Your unstoppable work is well
appreciated!

Cheers,
Pedro