[Libreoffice-qa] Fwd: User Ideas page to collect and vote on ideas

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Sun May 19 09:31:58 PDT 2013

Mirosław Zalewski wrote
> BTW: could developers agree that one feature from top ten on such page
> will be
> implemented for each major release? Or maybe should we go into
> crowdfunding?

They already said they couldn't/wouldn't compromise with such voting scheme.

In addition if the users have a top 10, they would expect the features to be
implemented from the most voted down (that is the principle of having a most
voted feature...)

I think that crowdfunding is an interesting concept but the current LO
developers don't implement suggested ideas because of lack of interest/time
not because they are greedy.

So even if enough funding was gathered, the crowd would have to find a
developer who is not currently involved with the project but is
knowledgeable enough to get his hands on a million code line project and add
the features the crowd is paying for...

Isn't it difficult to find such a Developer?