[Libreoffice-qa] Fwd: User Ideas page to collect and vote on ideas

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Tue May 21 06:43:20 PDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-05-19 at 09:31 -0700, Pedro wrote:
> Mirosław Zalewski wrote
> > BTW: could developers agree that one feature from top ten on such page
> > will be
> > implemented for each major release? Or maybe should we go into
> > crowdfunding?
>
> They already said they couldn't/wouldn't compromise with such voting scheme.

I have spent quite a log of time hanging out on the developer list, on
the QA list, and in bugzilla.  It is my impression that a developer
hardly ever spends much time thinking "Ho hum, I wonder what I might
find to work on next?".  We are in better shape than some commercial
projects where I have wasted a pile of time (at my usual outrageours
hourly rate <grin />).

Let me try to turn the argument around.  What have you seen added to
LibreOffice that you consider a waste of time?  I mean, a waste of
time so clear that you are willing to call it as such?  This
approximates an upper bound on the benefit to be expected from an
absolutely perfect, 100% efficent way of assigning work.

To prioritze is to posteriorize.

Terry.