[Libreoffice-qa] Portable vs Parallel: which one is better?

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Mon May 20 04:00:14 PDT 2013

On Sun, 19 May 2013 23:06:55 +0200, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tommy wrote
>> you should check X-LibreOffice which is an alternative portable package
>>  from winPenPack.com
>>
>> IMHO X-LibreOffice is much better than the PortableApps package.
>
> Thank you for the suggestion. Just downloaded and unpacked version 4.0.2
> (for comparison)
>
> It does have some nice touches like the language selection at first run.
> Curiously it seems to be running faster than the installed version.

I told you it was better :-)

> That shows that they have missed 3.6.6 (which was launched back in
> April...
> one month before 4.0.3)

you are right... they forgot about that micro-release

> But they do have 3.5.7 which is a good thing (as I mentioned PortableApps
> ignored all versions after 3.5.5)
>
> It is a shame that they (wPP.com) only started doing Portable versions
> for
> the 3.5 branch. It would be great to have a Portable version 3.4.6.2
> (PortableApps stopped at 3.4.5.2)

this is not correct... they did the 3.3.x and 3.4.x branches as well (I'm
sure because I used those versions) but probably they removed them from
the website since they are very old release.
If you are interested I can ask the wPP.com guys to make them available
again.