[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice and Windows 2000

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon May 27 09:18:35 PDT 2013

ape wrote
> I think that there are no obstacles to Microsoft Installer. But
> LibreOffice-4.x will not work. This is a consequence of the fact that
> MSVC-2010 is not installed in NT-5.0 system because NetFrame-3.5 is
> absence. It is probable that LibreOffice-4.x will work, if the necessary 3
> msvc-libraries forcedly by hand are placed into the folder
> “%windir%/system32/..” or into folders “${ORIGIN}/program/..” and
> “${ORIGIN}/URE/bin/..”.

Actually, LibreOffice 4.0.3.3 won't run under Windows 2000 (pt-PT). Although
it installs correctly it fails to execute with message "soffice.exe is not a
valid Win32 application"

I didn't get any errors about MSVC 2010 (although I confirmed that it was
not installed or compatible with Windows 2000 according to MS). Since
Microsoft isn't kind enough to provide such an error message, maybe my
suggestion still makes sense?

I would try your hack but since LO 4 doesn't provide any clues to which
files are missing, it seems like a difficult mission...

Thank you for your feedback!

Cheers,
Pedro