[Libreoffice-qa] Feedback page

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Wed Nov 6 01:05:51 PST 2013

Good morning Robinson, *,
On Mittwoch, 6. November 2013 01:51 Robinson Tryon wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Robinson Tryon
> <bishop.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> What does "soon" mean? The next weeks, months ... ;?
>>
>> Hopefully some time this week. I just need to find the time to
>> hack on it :-)
>
> Done!  Well, with the first draft, anyhow:
> http://testing.eagleeyet.net/~qubit/www-feedback/

cool :) Looks great :)

<snip>
> Big kudos to Astron for the mockup code.

A big thank you to you both :)

> What works:
> - Link to Ask LibreOffice
> - Link to BSA (including passing-along URL params from
> LibreOffice) - Link to BSA for enhancements (including passing in
> "enhancement=yes")

Just a question: The text below "Create a bug report" reads
<quote>
Having a specific problem, like a software crash or a missing
feature? Report a bug to our developers.
</quote>
But is this not redundant to the "File an enhancement request", if
you mention a "missing feature" here? Would it not be better to just
write
<quote>
Having a specific problem, like a software crash or LibreOffice
freezes, when you try to open a file? Report a bug to our
developers.
</quote>
or something like that? And than enhancing the text below "File an
enhancement request" to
<quote>
Missing a feature or thinking of a new feature that would make
LibreOffice even better than it is today? Let us know!
</quote>
?

> What doesn't work:
> - Submitting feedback via the form
> - Viewing feedback submitted by other users

That would be cool to see as well :) But I have no idea, how you
will handle this in our existing LO infrastructure. Are you thinking
of some kind of form2mail interface or would it become a page, where
all this feedback will be collected? And if so: Who will have a look
at it? Devs or someone else?

Thank you for your work so far
Thomas
<Rest snipped>

--
It takes two to tell the truth: one to speak and one to hear.