[Libreoffice-qa] Feedback page

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 01:40:29 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 3:20 AM, Sophie <gautier.sophie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 06/11/2013 01:51, Robinson Tryon a écrit :
>
> also there should be the ability to localize it (link and page) because
> some of us do not use 'Ask', but lists or other forum, and most of us
> will want it in its own language (it's part of the quality of our product ;)

The current plan with the Feedback page is to put it up somewhere
(perhaps alongside the BSA) and have the 'Send Feedback' link in
LibreOffice point to it instead of directly pointing at the BSA. If
there's an easy way for us to add localization support to the Feedback
page, I think we should consider it. We just need to make sure that we
keep localizations up to date (which I know can be a burden for some
of the smaller native-lang teams).

IIRC LibreOffice gives us a language code in the query string, so we
could do a quick check to see if a corresponding up-to-date
translation exists, and if not, fall-back to English.

The primary motivator for getting the Feedback page up and running is
to shunt user questions to the Ask site instead of having them end up
in Bugzilla. We'll see how well that works, and perhaps make some
tweaks to the system :-)

> What will be behind LibO made me happy/sad? and who will deal with the
> results of this feedback?

IIRC, our latest plans was to hook this up to a 'feedback' mailing
list, manned by a number of intrepid souls who would sort through the
messages, pushing bugs/questions/etc.. towards the appropriate
websites. Any general feedback might be helpful to Marketing, UI, or
other Teams.

As I mentioned above, my primary goal here is to give users a choice
between the Ask site and Bugzilla, so I'd be fine to get rid of the
"happy/sad" feedback area if there's not much support for it.

--R