[Libreoffice-qa] How long before a released build is notified by Update?

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 09:09:12 PST 2013

Hi Robinson (Rob? qubit?)

Robinson Tryon wrote
> AFAIK the update system is (still) handled manually. I think Cloph is
> the one in charge of it right now. I'm not sure exactly how we could
> automate the process, but I think it's worth our investigation.

As you know I'm not a Developer so you can tell me to shut up at any
point...

Wouldn't it be possible to have a script checking on
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/
and if your version is 4.0.5 and 4.0.6 is available (where 6>5 :) ) or your
version is 4.1.2.3 and 4.1.3 is available...

Is this something absurd or impossible?

Cheers,
Pedro