[Libreoffice-qa] How long before a released build is notified by Update?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 09:43:52 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robinson (Rob? qubit?)

Well 'Rob' -> Rob Snelders, in the QA namespace, but the other two are
collision-free, AFAIK :-)

> Wouldn't it be possible to have a script checking on
> http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/
> and if your version is 4.0.5 and 4.0.6 is available (where 6>5 :) ) or your
> version is 4.1.2.3 and 4.1.3 is available...
>
> Is this something absurd or impossible?

It doesn't sound to absurd to me. I really don't know too much about
the mechanisms of the updater, so let me get some info on the current
state of things, and then I can see the feasibility of particular
improvements.

--R