[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-website] Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Engaging users: initial results of the survey

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 10:22:04 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Rob Snelders <rob at ertai.nl> wrote:
>> (Rob - Thinking a bit broader, it would be nice if we could give users
>> a single page that would display information about their activity on
>> Bugzilla, the Ask site, etc. Using some form of SSO like OpenID or at
>> least shared credentials (e.g. LDAP) could make this easier)
>

> you do realist that's a lot of work, also on systems we have no real
> knowledge about.

True -- I was just doing a little brainstorming on big-picture ideas
for improving our user/new volunteer experience.

> But the idea would be great. However we do have more suggestions that can be
> added to ask, for example integration with OpenID and move a question to a
> bug (and visa-versa).

Right. Getting Bugzilla migrated is necessary for a number of our
tasks, so I've been working hard to get all of our ducks in a row
there.

> There is already a enhancement-request to add the URL of bugzilla to the
> BSA. I didn't come around to it but we _really_ should implement that soon.
> I'll look into it.

Even if it's a bit clunky at first, I suggest that you stub something
in there and then we can make it look pretty when the UI folks have
the time.

Cheers,
--R