[Libreoffice-qa] Existing German translation in Moztrap

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 09:20:09 PST 2013

Hi Thomas,
Le 13/11/2013 17:55, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
> Hello Sophie, *,
> On Mittwoch, 13. November 2013 13:56 Sophie wrote:
>> I'm currently working on Moztrap to create a test run for 4.2.0
>> beta 2.
>
> cool, thank you very much :)

you're welcome :)

>> For that, I'll update all the existing tests and adapt
>> them to the version and create new ones.
>
> O.K.
>
>> There is a German translation for some tests, is it somewhere else
>> than in Moztrap?
>
> Not as far as I know. I started translating them, but alas did not
> find the time to translate them all ... :( I found it a little bit
> too labour-intensive ... :(

ok, and yes it's really a pain currently

> But Yifan has as far as I remember mentioned the possibility to
> import the old testcases from OOo's TCM. But I am not sure, if this
> was ever started and/or finished at all ... :(

Hum, I don't think so, the TCM was a Sun proprietary tool if I remember
well.

>> If not, I don't want to lose the previous work done by
>> translators, I'll remove the existing German translations from the
>> basic test suites and will upload the corresponding files to
>> owncloud as a repository for this translation.
>
> O.K.

Once done, I'll share the link to the owncloud repository here.

>> When we will have a way to handle translations correctly in
>> Moztrap, the corresponding translation can be added again.
>
> O.K.
>
>> What do you think about it?
>
> Would it not be possible to add the MozTrap translation to Pootle to
> translate them there? I think, this would ease the translation
> process ... ;)

What I would like (but it's still a dream) is that we have something
like what LimeSurvey provides for translations, but inside Moztrap. I
don't know if it's possible. Moztrap uses python/django and I don't know
what is available for localization here.
For the moment, we will run the tests only in English, that will deprive
us from a part of the testers but that is at least better than nothing.

> Thank you for your info

I'll give more information here once I've updated all the test cases and
added the new ones, then, I'll invite the QA team to take a tour ;)

Kind regards
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier <sophie.gautier at documentfoundation.org>