[Libreoffice-qa] Existing German translation in Moztrap

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Wed Nov 13 11:11:09 PST 2013

Hello Sophie, *,
On Mittwoch, 13. November 2013 18:20 Sophie wrote:
> Le 13/11/2013 17:55, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
>> On Mittwoch, 13. November 2013 13:56 Sophie wrote:
>>> I'm currently working on Moztrap to create a test run for 4.2.0
>>> beta 2.
>>
>> cool, thank you very much :)
>
> you're welcome :)

:)

<snip>
>>> There is a German translation for some tests, is it somewhere
>>> else than in Moztrap?
>>
>> Not as far as I know. I started translating them, but alas did
>> not find the time to translate them all ... :( I found it a
>> little bit too labour-intensive ... :(
>
> ok, and yes it's really a pain currently

Unfortunately, yes ... :(

>> But Yifan has as far as I remember mentioned the possibility to
>> import the old testcases from OOo's TCM. But I am not sure, if
>> this was ever started and/or finished at all ... :(
>
> Hum, I don't think so, the TCM was a Sun proprietary tool if I
> remember well.

I was wrong here, sorry ... :( Yifan imported from Litmus to
MozTrap, not from TCM to MozTrap (see
for further information).

>>> If not, I don't want to lose the previous work done by
>>> translators, I'll remove the existing German translations from
>>> the basic test suites and will upload the corresponding files to
>>> owncloud as a repository for this translation.
>>
>> O.K.
>
> Once done, I'll share the link to the owncloud repository here.

Thank you in advance :)

<snip>
>>> What do you think about it?
>>
>> Would it not be possible to add the MozTrap translation to Pootle
>> to translate them there? I think, this would ease the translation
>> process ... ;)
>
> What I would like (but it's still a dream) is that we have
> something like what LimeSurvey provides for translations, but
> inside Moztrap.

You are not the only one ... ;) Petr mentioned in the old Moztrap
thread, that they were looking for a volunteer to implement it, but
I am not sure, if something happened there
(http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.qa/3986)
... :( If you want to read the whole thread, you can read it here:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.qa/3775.
It starts a little bit below and is rather longish, so be prepared
... ;)

> I don't know if it's possible. Moztrap uses
> python/django and I don't know what is available for localization

Hm. I am not sure, if it is possible for MozTrap itself. A short
search for "localization" on
http://moztrap.readthedocs.org/en/1.0.X/userguide/index.html was not
that, what I have hoped for ... :( Also
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/MozTrap/Admin_Guide does not
mention it ... :(

> here. For the moment, we will run the tests only in English, that
> will deprive us from a part of the testers but that is at least
> better than nothing.

But that would be a hurdle for people, who are not able to read
English ... :(

>> Thank you for your info
>
> I'll give more information here once I've updated all the test
> cases and added the new ones, then, I'll invite the QA team to
> take a tour ;)

Thank you very much :) I am eager to test it then ... ;)
Have a nice evening
Thomas.

--
The number of computer scientists in a room is inversely
proportional to the number of bugs in their code.