[Libreoffice-qa] Tinderbox green but no daily/master build

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Thu Nov 14 01:28:01 PST 2013

Hello Robinson, *,
On Donnerstag, 14. November 2013 09:20 Robinson Tryon wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Thomas Hackert
> <thackert at nexgo.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Indeed -- it looks like something happened on the 7th such that
>>> builds were no longer produced (or no longer uploaded).
>>
>> and it is not only the Win build, but also Debian (AMD64) ... :(
>> The
>
> Hmm. It sounds like maybe we could benefit from some kind of
> improved dashboard for the Tinderboxen. The tinderbox status page

that would be nice :)

> has a lot of information on it, but doesn't capture some of the
> information, such as whether a build has been successfully
> uploaded: http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/MASTER/status.html
>
> A Tinderbox dashboard with the following would be nice:
> * Table organized by tinderbox
> * OS icons (green robot for Android, Tux for GNU/Linux (with
> distro-specific images if available), 4-color Windows logo,
> etc...) * TDF icon if this is an official project tinderbox

But maybe the dashboard will look really cluttered then ... :(

> * Link to the latest build produced by each tinderbox (with date,
> branch name, etc..)

That would be cool :)

> * Green light if the tinderbox is up and running and successfully
> producing builds
> * Yellow light if builds aren't uploading (with a "?" icon)

And the quotation mark as a link to an explanation (something like
"TB not online", "Problem uploading build $X" or the like)? Or the
build log?

> * Red light if builds are failing
> * Some kind of "asleep" picture if the tinderbox hasn't been heard
> from in more than a day

And maybe an automatic mail to the TB maintainer á la "Your TB was
not seen the last $hours/$days" ... ;)

> who probably doesn't have time for this one, either...

As I have no programming skills nor any idea, how this can get
implemented, I cannot help here as well ... :( But maybe help
testing later ... ;)
Greetings Thomas.

--
You have a massage (from the Swedish prime minister).