[Libreoffice-qa] Existing German translation in Moztrap

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 01:35:34 PST 2013

Hi Thomas, all,
Le 14/11/2013 07:55, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
> Good morning Sophie, *,
> On Mittwoch, 13. November 2013 20:50 Sophie wrote:
>> Le 13/11/2013 20:11, Thomas Hackert a écrit :
> <snip>
>>>
>>> You are not the only one ... ;) Petr mentioned in the old Moztrap
>>> thread, that they were looking for a volunteer to implement it,
>>> but I am not sure, if something happened there
>>>
> (http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.qa/3986)
>>> ... :( If you want to read the whole thread, you can read it
>>> here:
>>>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.qa/3775.
>>> It starts a little bit below and is rather longish, so be
>>> prepared ... ;)
>>
>> I think that my complains was part of Petr says ;) I even
>> requested a budget for that and have it under l10n item together
>> with Jesus.
>
> Great :) Does this mean, you are actively searching for one, who
> will do it?

I don't search any more for now, I've tried last year with no success, I
don't know who will do it.

>>> Hm. I am not sure, if it is possible for MozTrap itself. A short
>>> search for "localization" on
>>> http://moztrap.readthedocs.org/en/1.0.X/userguide/index.html was
>>> not that, what I have hoped for ... :( Also
>>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/MozTrap/Admin_Guide does not
>>> mention it ... :(
>>
>> I've discussed about it with Moztrap developers. They say it's
>> possible but are not interested to participate or work on it. They
>
> Why not? Would it be too difficult to implement it?

Because it's out of their scope and they don't have time or money to
spend on it.

>> are still available for pointers, but not more.
>
> At least something ... ;)

yes, they are friendly, no problem :) they have always been responsive
when we asked for help for the current Moztrap we run.

>>> But that would be a hurdle for people, who are not able to read
>>> English ... :(
>>
>> Yes, I'm aware of that, and I'm really sad about it because I know
>> several members who are waiting for it to participate to QA, but
>> there is nothing I can do here if we don't find a django dev
>> interesting to work on l10n for Moztrap.
>
> O.K.
>
>> So for now, as I said, instead of having nothing because I believe
>> it's important for QA and LibO, I prefer we use it in English only
>> and maybe that will bring more interest to the tool itself too.
>
> I hope so :)

me too really :)
Kind regards
Sophie