[Libreoffice-qa] Wrong naming under "Format - Conditional Formatting - Condition..."

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sun Nov 24 06:41:49 PST 2013

Hello Markus, *,
On Sonntag, 24. November 2013 14:00 Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> 2013/11/24 Thomas Hackert <thackert at nexgo.de>
>> I need someone with an other UI language than German or English
>> (where this problem does not exist ... ;) ), who may can confirm
>> the following:
>>
>> When I open Calc and go to"Format - Conditional Formatting -
>> Condition...", select "All Cells", "Icon Set" and choose "4
>> Circles Red and Black", I see in the English UI, what it says
>> (circles in red and black). But if I switch the UI to German, use
>> the translated menu items ("Format - Bedingte Formatierung -
>> Bedingung", then "Alle Zellen", "Symbolstil" and "4 Kreise rot &
>> schwarz"), I see arrows here (one red down, two yellow slanting,
>> one green up) ... :( Can someone confirm it with an other
>> language/OS/architecture/else? And is it intended or a bug (if
>> so, does anyone know, if it is already reported)?
>>
> If it only happens in non EN-US builds it is just a missing
> translation for the new icon sets. I added a few new icon sets
> which might have moved translations.

O.K.

> Please keep that in mind and check it in the release build after
> all new strings have been translated. In general I think that such
> problems should not require a report yet. If you can't reproduce
> such or similar bugs in en_US I would always wait a bit until the
> translations catch up with the development work.

Well, I prefer to ask here first to see, if it is only a problem
with the German UI/help or is it in other languages as well (or
maybe some Win vs. GNU/Linux, 32bit vs. 64bit etc. only stuff ... ;)
).
Thank you for your answer
Thomas.

--
"Maybe we should think of this as one perfect week... where we found
each other, and loved each other... and then let each other go