[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-website] New Website

Charles-H. Schulz charles.schulz at documentfoundation.org
Tue Nov 26 02:05:25 PST 2013

Hello Joel,

Le Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:17:59 -0800,
Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> On our previous QA call (last week, apologies for the delay). We
> discussed what we'd like to see on the new page. Generally these were
> the notes:
>
> Goal of website:
> Promote our product and easily provide downloads to users
> Promote contributions
>
> In order to do these we discussed the second point a bit and it was
> stated that there should be better facilitation for users to get
> involved. Currently there are links to some teams and what not but in
> general it's a ton of text and a bit hard for a new person to see
> "wow, there really are a ton of ways that we can contribute." So the
> idea is to ask whoever is making the new site to focus on bridging
> this gap - users should know that whatever skill set they have, we
> have a place for them to help. So it was a general idea discussion
> but specific suggestions are encouraged :)
>

> Best,
> Joel

Indeed, these are all good points. You will find the specs and the
sketches of the future website here:
https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/Common/Website/2013_Website_Redesign/

and when it comes to QA and community engagement, please check in
particular three files: the homepage, the download section and the
community section. The sitemap is also useful.

Looking forward to your feedback on the website list.

Thanks!

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder, The Document Foundation,