[Libreoffice-qa] New Website

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 14:59:24 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Promote contributions

ayup

> In order to do these we discussed the second point a bit and it was stated
> that there should be better facilitation for users to get involved.
> ... ask whoever is making
> the new site to focus on bridging this gap - users should know that whatever
> skill set they have, we have a place for them to help.

It sounds like some kind of landing page for volunteering would be
great, as well as improving the team pages for volunteering.

Here's what I can dig up for our general volunteering pages:
https://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/  (too much text!)

Here are our current QA landing/volunteer pages:
http://qa.libreoffice.org/
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/GetInvolved
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BugTriage

If someone ends up on the front page of our wiki, there's no obvious
"Get Involved" button:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Main_Page

The Feedback page (also mentioned at our last QA meeting) should point
somewhere -- either to the QA volunteering page or the general
volunteering page.

To promote the community aspect, it would be great to have a set of
videos somewhere that introduced the members of our community -- "Hi,
my name is Joel, and I'm a member of the QA Team"... "Hi, my name is
Markus, and I hack on LibreOffice"...etc. A little multimedia can make
our site look a lot more dynamic.

For example, let's look at Mozilla's sexy get-involved page for volunteers:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/

Another thought: We should have some kind of consistent branding that
we can use across all of our pages targeted at (new) volunteers.

--R