[Libreoffice-qa] How long before a released build is notified by Update?

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 04:17:34 PST 2013

Hi Robinson, all

Robinson Tryon wrote

>>> Build ID for that one?
>>
>> Version 3.6.7.1 (Build ID: 9418c72)
>
> Here's what we have listed for 3.6.7 builds:
>
>     # 3.6.7 versions
>     'a61ad19-949f691-349cf55-3bea8d1-2c85eb' => '3.6.7.1',
>     'e183d5b-f8ccaf6-3804794-95b4be8-895629' => '3.6.7.2', # Final
> (last of 3.6 series)
>
> I don't see that build in there. Cloph?

The build number I pasted is what is included in the About dialog in branch
3.6 (it was a regression from branch 3.5 after months of discussion...)

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Information-in-Master-builds-About-box-tt3927916.html

Anyway I'm not too worried about that discontinued branch.

Apparently the problem here is that the update check is NOT based on the
visible version (e.g. 4.1.3.2 is > than 4.1.0.1) but on the Build ID.
This would not be a problem if  there was a consistent list of Build IDs for
all the official TDF releases for ALL the OSes supported, which is what
seems to be missing.

Can someone please fix this AND create a mechanism so that in the future the
Build ID of every official RC and Final version is automatically added to
such a check list? IMO trusting that "someone" will remember to manually add
it, is not a reliable option.

I hope it is clear that my suggestion is for the benefit of the project and
not a personal whim...

Regards,
Pedro