[Libreoffice-qa] How long before a released build is notified by Update?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 21:01:06 PST 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 7:17 AM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone please fix this AND create a mechanism so that in the future the
> Build ID of every official RC and Final version is automatically added to
> such a check list? IMO trusting that "someone" will remember to manually add
> it, is not a reliable option.

I'll make a note to briefly discuss release plan workflow at the next
QA meeting on Monday, December 2nd -- 2 days from now.

Pedro - I agree that a simpler, automated system would be beneficial.

Cloph - What would you suggest we do to further integrate the updater
into the build process? I'd be happy to help with
refactoring/rewriting parts of the PHP updater script to aid in this
process[1]

Thanks,
--R

[1] One idea I had was that builds could create files under /<updater
directory>/release-builds/<build.version.number>_<timestamp>.txt, and
then we could have an hourly cron job to slurp up all the listed
versions and assemble them into a single data file.