[Libreoffice-qa] How to report double used and/or not "working as expected" mnemonics?

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Mon Oct 28 19:56:36 CET 2013

Hi Christian, *,
On Montag, 28. Oktober 2013 16:19 Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> Am 28.10.2013 05:13 schrieb "Thomas Hackert" <thackert at nexgo.de>:
>> On Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2013 18:37 Cor Nouws wrote:
>> > Thomas Hackert wrote (18-10-13 10:10)
>
> Fastest one would be to skip the bug report and instead push a
> patch to gerrit.

do I not need commit rights to do it ;? The other prob is, that I
have no programming experience, so I am not really sure, if I am
able to help ... :(

> No, that doesn't make sense.

O.K.

> You would need to create a list of the menu items to decide what
> entry will get the most natural one and what entries get second
> choice or autogenerated one.

But how should I know, which one "will get the most natural one"?
And again, how should I know, which one are autogenerated and which
one are coded?

> From my POV it is also important to keep familiar keystrokes
> intact, so newly added items should get an automatically assigned
> one unless there is a reason not to.

O.K.

> Finding the place in the source code is not different from finding
> bad mnemonics in a translation. Look up the entry in pootle and
> there you have the reference. Or grep in the sources. Search in
> opengrok might also be possible, but not sure whether you need to
> escape the mnemonic marker/whether it includes the character in
> the search index.

Do I remember it right, that there are two different mnemonics? "~"
and "_"? Or are there more, which I do not know yet?
Have a nice evening
Thomas.

--
We have ears, earther...FOUR OF THEM!