[Libreoffice-qa] The garbage into the dev-builds.libreoffice.org

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 01:39:42 CET 2013

Hi Thorsten

Thorsten Behrens wrote
> Can look into that - out of curiosity, why does that matter?

Firstly it makes it easier to automate download/installation using tools
such as Florian's SI GUI and secondly because when the user is browsing for
the Master installers (files are usually sorted by name), all other builds
are under M and yours are under L, which is obviously not a big problem,
just annoying :)

One other request: your Tinderbox is not creating the txt files with the
build info. Unfortunately this is the only element that allows QA to know
from which TB each binary came from (before installing, obviously) so it is
quite important that it is generated with the binary...

Ex:
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Windows-x86@47-TDF/2013-10-15_13.31.21/

Thorsten Behrens wrote
>> Currently your tinderbox is the only one producing daily binaries from
>> the
>> Master branch for the Windows platform, so thank you for listening (and
>> for
>> fixing the capital X in the TB name)
>>
> No prob - but I see up-to-date binaries in
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Win-x86@42/current/ as
> well?

Ehr... Tinderbox #42 IS your tinderbox... And "current" is a virtual folder
pointing at the latest successful build :)
I don't see any other recent Windows Master builds in the other
tinderboxes...

Thorsten Behrens wrote
>> I don't know if this is deliberate but when doing a Custom install most
>> of
>> the components don't show up? (the user can only change the Optional
>> Components)
>>
> No idea, but it may well be due to the fact the box is _not_ doing
> release builds, but rather ~minimal developer builds. Happy to tweak
> configure options (the very first line in the body part of the
> tinderbox detailed log), if there's consensus it is worthwhile.

Yes, but all previous minimal builds before the Optional Components allowed
the user to select LibreOfficeDev Program Modules... I'm just mentioning
this because it seems like a regression. If this won't affect the release
build installer then just forget I mentioned it ;)

Cheers,
Pedro