[Libreoffice-qa] How to report double used and/or not "working as expected" mnemonics?

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Tue Oct 29 03:09:08 CET 2013

sophi wrote
> If you grep, just be aware that now there is two kinds of mnemonics:
> [~] for the previous dialogs, [_] for the ported to .ui dialogs.
> AFAIK, only the main menus are scripted, the others are placed by the
> dialog creator or the translators.

Yes that is correct. Unfortunately the legacy assignments with "~" pulled
from the various .xcu configurations are not being fully ported to their "_"
counter part for .ui configurations.

That currently leaves things in a bit of a mess.  Frankly, we no longer are
maintaining HIG and accelerators/shortcuts long established from OOo and our
LibreOffice practices.  The template manager and start center are two
examples of things breaking as we've implemented GTK based UI.

The current "documented" short-cuts and accelerators are published to Wiki
help, some UX-advise and Dev discipline is now needed to see that we
reestablish our published norms under the .ui configurations--or republish
user guides that match the "new" implementations (what ever those evolve
into).   Also, a gentle reminder that accelerator/short-cut implementation
really should be consistent cross platform.  Also, getting this right has
considerable impact on Accessibility and Assistive Technology support.

So, please review these published guides and consider the issue in that
context.

https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/General_Shortcut_Keys_in
https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Shortcuts_Accessibility
https://help.libreoffice.org/Writer/Shortcut_Keys_for_Writer