[Libreoffice-qa] What should I do with a bug, where I got a file to test and can confirm it, but are not allowed to attach the file to the bug?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 30 11:28:37 PDT 2014

Hi Thomas, *,

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 6:51 PM, Thomas Hackert <thackert at nexgo.de> wrote:
> Hello Christian, *,
> On Mi, 30. Apr 2014 13:38 Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>>
> but then, who is working in the area of master documents? I found
> only Writer (and therefore Michael S.) ... :(

Oh, to be clear: Just randomly mailing documents to people is not the
way to go. Instead up show up on the #libreoffice-dev channel and ping
the candidates and ask whether it is OK to mail them the
documents/whether they know a better contact.

> [...]
> I confirm, I should have written this in a more understandable
> manner, sorry ... :( Yes, that were the versions, with which I could
> reproduce the bug.

Yeah, those could have also benefitted from some linebreaks for easier
quick parsing :-P

>> And also still unclear what "discus" is, as in the crippled
>> screenshot I cannot see anything that resembles a disc/round
>> object/discus.
>
> I am still not sure, how I should name it, as this "discus" (as Ton
> has named it) stretches over several sides, so if I look at it, it
> seems to form a disc (like the outer part of an CD). And circle does
> not seem to fit here as well ... :(
>
>> While you speculate earlier that it is the white bar with the
>> black outline, you write "... does not show the "discus" (or maybe
>> better disc?)" - I neither see something that looks like a floppy
>> disk or harddrive, nor anything round. So what is the bug about? I
>> assume the white bar.
>
> Well, there are also Compact Disk ... ;)

That would be included in "round" - I didn't expect it to have such a
large radius that it appears as a bar on first look in that
screenshot. But from your description now it is clear that it is a
"donut" shape, or in technical terms an annulus (Kreisring), or as it
is called in LO's drawing shapes: Ring :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annulus_(mathematics)

>> i.e. first replace all documents with a single one (i.e. copy one
>> document and name it like the others) - this is easily done, but
>> of course doesn't guarantee that the problem still shows.
>
> It depends, how you do define "easily done" ... ;) They are named
> something like "U1.E1.001.odt" up to "U8.E1.001.odt" (not to forget
> a copyright and a copyright file for something else) ... :( I would
> not know an easy way to do this ... :(

for file in *.odt; do cp -f my-one-sample.odt "$i"; done

i.e. for each file U1.... whatever, it copies (and overwrites, that's
what the -f switch does) a single document, in this case
"my-one-sample.odt". over the file.

→ all files will be like "my-one-sample.odt"

but it might just be a drawing shape.

for file in *.odt; do zipgrep  'draw:type="ring"' "$file" >/dev/null
&& echo "Ringshape in file $file"; done

Then examine the file in LibreOffice.
If that doesn't match anything, try to search for more draw shapes
(draw:custom-shape)

ciao
Christian