[Libreoffice-qa] What should I do with a bug, where I got a file to test and can confirm it, but are not allowed to attach the file to the bug?

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Wed Apr 30 23:03:49 PDT 2014

Good morning Christian, *
On Mi, 30. Apr 2014 20:28 Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 6:51 PM, Thomas Hackert
> <thackert at nexgo.de> wrote:
>> On Mi, 30. Apr 2014 13:38 Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>>>
>> but then, who is working in the area of master documents? I found
>> only Writer (and therefore Michael S.) ... :(
>
> Oh, to be clear: Just randomly mailing documents to people is not
> the way to go. Instead up show up on the #libreoffice-dev channel

sigh ... Maybe I will find the time this weekend, and than I will
try to join IRC.

> and ping the candidates and ask whether it is OK to mail them the
> documents/whether they know a better contact.

O.K.

>> [...]
>> I confirm, I should have written this in a more understandable
>> manner, sorry ... :( Yes, that were the versions, with which I
>> could reproduce the bug.
>
> Yeah, those could have also benefitted from some linebreaks for
> easier quick parsing :-P

O.K. Should I add an additional comment with something like
<quote>
Just to clarify
1. confirmed with
a. $version
b. $version
$(additional info)
</quote>
?

[discus, disk or something else?]
>>> While you speculate earlier that it is the white bar with the
>>> black outline, you write "... does not show the "discus" (or
>>> maybe better disc?)" - I neither see something that looks like a
>>> floppy disk or harddrive, nor anything round. So what is the bug
>>> about? I assume the white bar.
>>
>> Well, there are also Compact Disk ... ;)
>
> That would be included in "round" - I didn't expect it to have
> such a large radius that it appears as a bar on first look in that
> screenshot. But from your description now it is clear that it is a
> "donut" shape, or in technical terms an annulus (Kreisring), or as
> it is called in LO's drawing shapes: Ring :-)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annulus_(mathematics)

Ah, O.K. Thanks for your info and the link :)

>>> i.e. first replace all documents with a single one (i.e. copy
>>> one document and name it like the others) - this is easily done,
>>> but of course doesn't guarantee that the problem still shows.
>>
>> It depends, how you do define "easily done" ... ;) They are named
>> something like "U1.E1.001.odt" up to "U8.E1.001.odt" (not to
>> forget a copyright and a copyright file for something else) ...
>> :( I would not know an easy way to do this ... :(
>
> for file in *.odt; do cp -f my-one-sample.odt "$i"; done
>
> i.e. for each file U1.... whatever, it copies (and overwrites,
> that's what the -f switch does) a single document, in this case
> "my-one-sample.odt". over the file.

I get an
<quote>
cp: cannot stat 'my-one-sample.odt': No such file or directory
</quote>
here ... :(

> → all files will be like "my-one-sample.odt"

O.K.

> but it might just be a drawing shape.
>
> for file in *.odt; do zipgrep  'draw:type="ring"' "$file"
> >/dev/null && echo "Ringshape in file $file"; done

Again, only an error message:
<quote>
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `&&'
</quote>
... :( First I thought, some kind of c&p errors with your commands,
changed any quotation mark and inverted comma, but this does not
solve the problem ... :( /me thinks, I should learn a little bit
more of these Bash internals ... ;)

> Then examine the file in LibreOffice.
> If that doesn't match anything, try to search for more draw shapes
> (draw:custom-shape)

When I find a solution to get these commands ... ;)
Thank you for your answer and have a nice day
Thomas.

--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the
only nation in the world that has to keep a government four years,